College News and Events

Catering Students Help the Heroes

Michael Barrett
Catering Students Help the Heroes
by Michael Barrett - Tuesday, 3 March 2015, 4:52 PM

Hospitality and Catering students received a ringing endorsement after their event, Help for Heroes, last weekend. See the video here:

This is what the event manager had to say: "I would just like to say a very big THANK YOU to you, your staff and especially the students for putting on such fantastic food and service, particularly bearing in mind the confined conditions at the Hall kitchen. I had many positive feedbacks about food and politeness of the students and not one single grumble. I thought their behaviour and commitment was impeccable and the speed of service on the evening ensured we ran to time (in fact 10 minutes ahead!!)

Particular thanks goes to the young man that handed in the mobile phone and refused the £10 reward offered by the owner, asking that it goes into the Help for Heroes fund - the money will be well spent. I know that it was the first public "outing" for some of your students, but please be assured that they all did well, are a credit to Redbridge College and I am sure they will all have sparkling careers in the Hospitality Industry if they keep up the good work!

Thank you for helping make the evening a success." -Kevin Clarke Clintons Management Ltd