College News and Events

Career Academy Students Visit Brussels

Michael Barrett
Career Academy Students Visit Brussels
by Michael Barrett - Thursday, 26 February 2015, 9:31 AM

Brussells Trip
11 Redbridge College students in their second year of the Career Academy programme were rewarded with a four-day educational and cultural trip to Brussels, Belgium, from 17 to 20 of February.

Students and Career Academy coordinators stayed in the city centre and visited the Parlamentarium in the European Parliament where they learned more about the functions of European Parliament with interactive displays and activities. The group also visited the famous Atomium, which is an impressive structure originally built for the World's Fair.

Students experienced Belgian culture with shopping and sightseeing around the city centre, as well as a trip to the grand palace and a visit to a chocolate factory where they had the chance to make chocolates and sample their results.

Level 3 Business and Lead Career Academy student Rosie Ile said, "I thought the trip to Brussels was a great experience. We had the opportunity to travel to a different country and discover their history and way of living. All the students really enjoyed it and we were able to see the main attractions and compare it to London. Being able to visit the Concept Chocolate Factory was fantastic, we were able to see the process of how they create the tasty chocolate and were even able to try some. The trip was so much fun and I think it has actually brought the group closer together as we spent more time with one another and got to know each other personally.” Career Academy coordinator Siobhan Clouter said, "The students and I had such a good time! Parliament was especially useful as our students are studying business so learning more about government procedures was an invaluable experience. I'm so proud of our Career Academy students as they are taking advantage of every opportunity to make the most of their time at college.”